Saturday, April 02, 2005

Lunch at Brea, CA

It seems like everyday most of my coworkers go to a place in Brea, CA, for lunch, called the 330. Its a bar, but we go there to play pool and each lunch. We go so often that they offer us Mercury Employees, a discount now. :)

I'm getting back to my pool playing abilities. Its a nice hangout -- it gets very popular at night. Well yesterday after work we went to a grand opening sushi restaurant that was across the street. 50% off all sushi for that day, that was a good thing, considering the bill came out to about $100 for all five of us.

Being a curious eater, I tried the eel, smelt eggs, and the samon eggs. I already had octopus before, and got that again. It was all good, not the best I ever had, but still decent. The restaurant looks nice, and I wouldn't mind going back again sometime soon. I learned what the difference is between sushi, rolls, and sashimi. I like sashimi and rolls the best. Sushi is still good, but when you have half a seaweed full of samon eggs it is almost not that appetizing at first. I do like the taste of them though. Never figure me to be much of a caviar person, huh.

Well that was my Friday night.

No comments: