Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Personal Update

Car:
My car overheated on Monday. I called the warranty people to take a look at it, thinking since it says it covers overheating. They don't bother to pick up the car like they were suppose to on Wednesday. Thursday comes and they call me at work that they were going to pick the SUV up, this is around 10am. I call them at 3pm. The conversation goes something like:

me: "I'm calling to check up on my SUV"
guy on the phone: "What SUV?"
me: "My SUV that got picked up for repair"
guy on the phone (1 minute later): "Oh, that just came in"


I'm thinking WTF!?!?!?! what took so long from 10am to 3pm for it just to arrive. Giving the benefit of the doubt: 2 hours down + 1 hour of hooking it up + 2 hours of driving up. This takes in the account if it was the slowest traffic day in California history. This place is only 30 minutes one way on a good day.
So now I have to wait another day for them to review the car. They then call me on Friday that it was the thermostat, which I figured, but its not covered by the warranty. But on the warranty it states that if its an internal engine problem than they will pay for it. He then tells me that I will have to pay for the towing also. So it wasn't until Monday that I could pick it up from the place, since they are only open 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday. This is when I work, when the hell do I have time to go down there. ARGHHHHHH.


Workout:
Because of the Car (See Above), I've been too stressed out to workout. Last time I checked, I am weighing about 275lbs, which is about 25-55lbs lost. I definitely have more muscle around my arms, legs, chest, and back. My gut is looser and smaller when I lay down. The bad news is that it is still huge and slacking more with the separations of muscle and fat.

Work:
Lot of work, working on Florida, and Georgia Underwriting forms. My programming experience helps me make work go faster, since I can either write a program to make life easier and faster, or use the current environment with tweaks that others don't know of. I basically doubled by productivity. This of course has the effect of making me bored at work. Sometimes, I get work done so quickly, I just sit around waiting for something else to come around. It is getting really bad, sometimes I sit around looking for work half the day. Now this might sound like I have it good, but the day goes by so slow when not working on something.

Bills:
This is where my stress is. I just paid my 1999 NY state tax today, it is about time. :)
Anyway, I should be getting School bills sometime soon, and I have to pay off my car as another bill. I still have to pay off all my credit card, even though its not huge, just $1500.

Wants:
I still need to get a computer(s) and a T.V., but every time I get some money -- I end up paying for a car repair. I wish I could just take a train or 1 bus to work if it was only possible. :(

No comments: